Sunday, May 13, 2007

Required Blog...

I came across this article that talks about Google Local and Superpages, something we also covered in class a month or so ago. The blog simply talks about how businesses neglect to take advantage of this popular feature and, if they do, even correct information that could be wrong. Alot of the URL's for some of the searched criterion are incorrect, and the blog urges those to correct information as soon as possible. A comment also states it could take between six weeks and six months to finally correct. I definately find this article important for the services Google offers are vital to running a business, and that if a business is not listed or has incorrect information that it be fixed as soon as possible.

1 comment:

jswagman said...

I have some experiences with businesses not listing there correct information. I use google mobile a lot and when I am on the road looking for a business and their information is wrong, it turns me away a little as a consumer. These businesses really need to get on this problem and correct it, by looking over their information so they can maximize the amount of consumers who can actually reach them.