Sunday, May 13, 2007

Last required blog :-)

Ok so we all love Google, but I came across this article through John Battelle's Searchblog that alerts consumers of a recent court action where Google background checks are legal in finding potential employees. First of all, I didn't know that Google can contain so much incriminating evidence on one person. But hey, in a day and age with blogging and pretty much everything on the internet i guess its possible. The judges agreed that the internet isn't any different than other background search methods and that it shouldn't be scrutinized. I definately disagree with this ruling, for I do not trust the validity of some of the things on the internet. I would hate to be denied employment or, even worse, fired over something said about me on the internet. There are probably hundreds of people with my same name out there, just like this guy.

No comments: